Friday, June 26, 2009

Here's to one of the greats.

RIP Michael Jackson 6/25/09

I don't think there is anyone in the world that can honestly say they have had no connection to Michael Jackson. His legacy extends across all genres of music that interests kids and adults. Yes, it is sad that he is gone at such a young age but I truly believe, after discussing this at work last night, that even if he were 90 yrs old, the world would still grieve. That is how far his legacy extends.

When I try to think of my favorite song, at first I said "Heal the World" but then I thought about the beauty behind the songs like "Man in the Mirror." And then there's the hypnotizing beats of "Bad," "Beat it," "Don't Stop til You Get Enough," and of course "Thriller." But, honestly, the list just continues and then its just brings sadness because you realize how influential he was.

What I'm already enjoying in light of the situation is the coming together of people as the reminisce about Michael Jackson whether through sharing stories or even just putting on his music and dancing. You know how most people are feeling when you hear his songs now. I was in the cab last night with 4 other people and the radio was playing his songs. Without having to say anything, we all knew how each other was feeling. Like L.A. Reid said, "lets turn down the chatting and turn up the music." I love that. I'm hoping for just a few days, or even better, as long as possible that the world comes together because of their love of his music. There's been news coverage of gatherings in LA and NY with people just blasting his music and dancing. What a beautiful image. It represents an absence of all the troubles in the world and personal pains. They are just living in the moment.

Thinking of all his songs makes me wish I learned during the height of his career when he was dominating the charts. How great it would have been to live during that moment that he was creating his legacy. I love all his music and I love that the media is playing it all over the news and radio. With one soundtrack, we all come together. Even if just for a day, I'm glad to experience it.

Here are few quotes I can't help but document:

"He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever."-Quincy Jones


JAMES BROWN 12-25 ♥ AALIYAH 8-25 ♥ LEFT EYE 4-25 ♥ MICHEAL JACKSON 6-25 ♥ (from Kai's facebook status) interesting right?

"Ed Mcmahon passed first this week so he can introduce tonights guest. Ms.Farrah Fawcett w/musical guest Michael Jackson" (Sherri Shephard's twitter)

So sad. He may be gone physically, but his spirit is alive through his music

No comments: