Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm here!

I'm here now! I boarded the ship on November 30th! What a crazy couple of days. I don't even know where to begin, just know that there was lots of waiting around and staying in random hotels. But, in the end, I'm here and this ship is beautiful. It's SO big, I get lost frequently but I love it. The best part is that we are currently docked at a terminal and will be until December 19th. The terminal has free wifi and it's fast so when I have breaks, I come over here to catch up with the world. There is free internet being offered on the ship at night but it's super slow. It won't be free once we leave though...double whammy.

We start physical rehearsals tomorrow but so far it's just been classes and fittings. The fittings have been so exciting. I'm wearing so many wigs and costumes and they are all amazing. I can't believe how much work goes into this process. It really feels broadway caliber. Also, everyone works so hard, it's amazing. There is so much effort into putting together this ship that you can't help but smile at the outcome. There's still lots of work to do but my cabin is done and that's all that I was truly worried about. It's a decent size, not like how I thought it would be. I love it. Having my personal space is my biggest peeve and this, aside from a shared bathroom with someone that has a connected room, is a great accommodation.

We will eventually start dancing and I can't wait. I've been eating so much lately because the food is so good. Since our area for eating isn't done yet, we've been eating food that would be served in guest areas. At least my costumes all still fit! The gym opens tomorrow and I can't wait! I'll be in there at every moment possible.

Other than that, nothing else is really going on. There's so much to see and look at so I'll use my free time wisely :)

No comments: