Friday, December 17, 2010

The real beginning

In 2 days the Disney Dream will officially be on it's way to Port Canaveral! For the past few weeks we have been docked here in Bremerhaven, Germany, with little to no movement that I was aware of. To make our way to Florida, we will be crossing the Atlantic Ocean which has been known for being very rough. Aside from the fact that I've never been on a ship, I'm also not prepared for constant movement. They of course have sea-sickness pills but I'm hoping for a smooth transition.
The dance world onboard the ship has been quite hectic but at the moment I am experiencing 2 full day's off. Well, aside from a morning meeting. It feels great to be given the time to relax because we can't relax with so much to think about and do.
A few days ago we had our first performance of Sailing Away which is a deck party but currently we are perofrming it in the atrium. It was a lot of fun to be on stage and performing for our crew. It definitely gave a different vibe to perform shows rather than teching it all day lon0g.
Other than that, the ship is ready, I'm ready(at least I think im ready:...let's go!

No comments: