Thursday, October 6, 2011

I am 24 and proud!

Happy Birthday to me! I am 24 years old today and I'm happy about that. I told myself a few weeks ago that I needed to snap out of that whole, "oh jeez I'm getting older" thing. If I want my life to remain positive, I need to start accepting myself and not living in the past.

I truly feel at 24,not 21, that I am becoming an adult. This past year really served as my transition phase. Maybe it was because I had my first professional dance gig which meant I had to act accordingly. Maybe it was who I was surrounded with and how they taught me life lessons in between all the dancing, singing, and acting. Or maybe, I just grew up. Either way, when I arrived back in New York, I felt the change. I approach things differently in life; I am strategic with my decisions. And, to be honest, it feels good. It doesn't feel rushed. I'm not feeling alone or confused. It's as if things just fell into place.

I am a professional dancer who is consistently auditioning while exploring and beginning to understand how the entertainment industry functions. I am searching for a part-time job while I audition but when I have free days, I'll submit for background work. When I'm not doing that, you can find me at Gold's Gym, Broadway Dance Center(though my card is expiring soon) Yoga Sutra, or Chelsea Piers(gymnastics). And with the leftover spare time, I can be found hanging out with good friends or simply sitting and reading. I like where I am at this moment. I don't know if I ever realized this the other years; I think I was so busy running around like crazy. But now, at 24, it's all about reflecting and making sure to enjoy the moment.

No comments: