Saturday, November 12, 2011

The best partnership known to man

What could be the best partnership known to man, er, me?? AMC Theater's "Smart Movie Snacks."  I have never been more impressed by a theater's push towards being healthy. Yes, you always see the magazine articles about what to eat at the theater or which snack has the least amount of fat so you can get 2, but now you don't have to worry! The best part, if it isn't already spelled out for you, is that this snack PACK(tons of stuff inside) is only $7. That is a STEAL with the amount of snacks you get verses an average size of popcorn and soda.
The Snack Pack includes: Chiquita Fruit Chips, POPCorner's Popped Corn Chips(minor obsession with the kettle flavor), Odwalla Trail Mix Bar, AND 20oz Dasani water. Are you frigin kidding me? You can get all this for less than 500calories. Even better! Why? So you don't have to sit through the entire movie secretly scolding yourself for having eaten those chicken fingers and cinnamon rolls.
Now the one problem is the lack of promotion of this amazing product at some theaters. I was recently at the 34th Street Loew's Theater and don't even recall seeing this on the menu but I knew it was offered, so I asked.  Luckily they had it but they gave me the impression that they weren't even sure. The only time I remember this being on hand and advertised was at the AMC near, I believe, 18th Street. What's the deal?? This is a great product, acceptable price, yet it's almost hidden. I know there are people that go to the movies and KNOW they don't want to eat the greasy, fattening theater food but do anyway because they feel they don't have a choice. I think there should be another promotional phase for this product because it seems forgotten. I guess it's my duty to promote it as much as I can because I care about what I eat! If AMC doesn't want to spend the money to advertise, they could at least offer this on the menu.
I do still however want to give a BRAVO to AMC for at least making an attempt to hit a new target audience. A second BRAVO goes to Odwalla, Dasani, Ciquita, and PopCorners for partnering together to create this little movie lunchbox.

Other recent tastes from heaven that I've recently come across:
Planters Nutrition Omega 3 snacks  Perfect for on the go! Walnuts, dark chocolate, and dried cranberrys, yummy :)
Vita CoCo Peach and Mango I thought I HATED coconut water. I never understood how people were guzzling it down after yoga but, put a little flavor in it and it becomes more than bearable. I honestly can't have it any other way. It's just a hint of flavor but also keeps the original "light taste" of coconut water.

No comments: