Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 3 madness.

3 days in and we never stop. Today was definitely intense. It's lots of choreography to learn and it's only just the beginning! Where to begin? I'm getting into the swing of things very easily, no more freak outs or last minute panics lol. It's just crazy not knowing where you are going or what you will be doing at all times and if anyone knows me, I'm someone that LOVES to plan.
If I didn't already say it, we have 9 hour rehearsal days. It's really cool in a way b/c I've always wondered how these things ran and now I do! We get an hour lunch break which is nice and I do feel like the time goes well. Not too fast and never slow. Everyone is so nice and so chill. I feel like I'm at a boarding school and I've been here forever, but it's only been 3 days. I bet it's gonna end up flying by and I don't want it to! Gotta savor the moment :)
I'm realizing now how amazingly blessed I am to be part of the first cast for this new ship. We are all originators. I found out from returning cast members that even the shows that have been done before are being revamped so we are basically doing all new things! Sidenote- I love how Celina Dion is playing on their radio. It's like elevator music in this room. Someone just came out of the gym...I feel guilty sitting in this common area, right outside the gym. I can't go yet, my body is like so worked by the time rehearsals are done. (Backstreet Boys has now started playing) I think by next week, when my body has become used to all this I will hit up the gym. For now, it's stretching on my own and getting my butt kicked in rehearsal. I haven't forgot my goals! Ps, I love group warmup! We did an arm workout with therabands the other day that KILLED...but it was good.

Today, the 2nd half of the cast arrived. The singers and principals. We have a total of about 46 people..I think before I said 44 and clearly I was wrong. Largest cast ever! Loving every minute of it :)

1 comment:

Oshini said...

Do you feel like a fish in the ocean or does everyone have an important role?...or is it too early to think straight? O