Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Where am I going?

When people hug me, they are holding on for a little be longer than usual. This is how I know things are changing. I now that on the physical level, yes, I am leaving for 10months and yes, I'm feeling A,B, and C emotions but on the emotional level, I'm feeling indifferent. I was explaining it to a friend that, it's only with people that I've previously been away from for an extended amount of time(going away to college) that I feel that feeling of sadness that I won't see them everyday. This is because I've already experienced it. With all the friends that I've met and crossed paths with I feel like when I'm saying good-bye, it doesn't feel real. Will it really be the last time that I see them? OR, will I see them in 10months? Will everything be different? Will it be just the same? The only reason I'm buggin out and actually writing about this is because I go no where...ever..until now. I went away to school and came back but this is different. The boundaries are international! I'm definitely ready to go and very excited but it also doesn't feel real because I've not experience this before. I don't know HOW to feel, I can only guess.
It's official. I leave in 2 days. Got the luggage, got the flight info, it's all set. I'm pretty sure I'm ready. This is what I wanted. I had been talking about how I always wanted to travel and I how I want to dance for a living. Thankfully, I have been blessed with experiencing both in one package. My reservations so far include questioning if I'll remember all the choreography, if I'll get along with everyone, if I'll be able to handle dancing whilst in motion, etc. I know I have plenty of time to figure this out but as a self-acclaimed over-analyzer, I can't help but think about these things all at once. 
I plan on blogging here while on my adventures but I still do have a journal from when I was at school in Maryland. I think I'm going to carry it. I never wrote about my adventures in NYC but I kind of just want to pick up where I left off. Who knows, I might end up being so busy that neither ends up being used but I'm going to try.

For now, lately I have assumed the role of tourist and have been exploring NYC high and low. It's been bittersweet because I've discovered all these great places of tranquility AND excitement, yet I won't be seeing them again for 10months. It's nice to step out of the typical and come across a secluded area. This is how I know that NYC is so unique. It can't get old, unless you stay in the same area. If you do, go explore. There is soooo much out there in the city and it's so easy to miss it. I've realized NYC doesn't revolve around times square. There is SO much more to do  And the best part of it all is that I've been able to spend little to NO money all week long. That was a bonus considering I made a plea with some friends to do things that would involve paying. I'm glad that worked out, otherwise I really would have spent the weekend at home...staring at the walls.  

So in my last 2 days I have planned to meet friends at the Highline, my new favorite place, the teahouse, and for Friday I plan to get my head together so that I am mentally and physically prepared for Saturday.

No comments: