Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's been TOO long

Major foul on my part for not posting for almost 6 months. There is SO much that has happened but I guess it'll just remain a personal memory. I will try to update on major things. Since February, I have been auditioning like mad in hopes of dancing for a living and FINALLY, it is beginning. I have been offered to dance on the new Disney cruise ship, Disney Dream, and I am actually scheduled to leave next Saturday. I am so happy and relieved and excited. I don't know what to expect and I've been racking my brain over it. What I ultimately hope for is that I get and interpret all the choreography, I truly embrace every opportunity out there, and that I have a good time. I hope to meet great people and just really work on myself as a dancer and getting to the next level so that when I come back, I'm even more ready for the next auditions and booking something else! I'm going to miss my family, friends, and especially, my routine of life. Constantly going to the city and balancing dance classes, extras work, and working at my job. I'm such a busy bee and I really stretched myself trying to do everything I wanted. I've even just begun discovering new classes at Peridance that I could've been taking forever but never made it to the studio. It makes it that much harder to experience it knowing that I'll be leaving in 1 week and a half.

Other great things- R.Evolucion Latina. I was very nervous originally to participate in their 3 day summer camp for kids but it was a major success. I thought it was going to be challenging but I love kids and it was so great to be with them and watch them get inspired by the arts. The last day, the camp celebration, was the most fun I'd had in a while. It felt so great to be in a room with so many people just dancing and embracing the music. I didn't want it to end. Now, I'm really starting to get involved with the business side by voicing my opinions on some of the things they are doing but I'm leaving so I can't truly be there. There are so many great things coming up that I had been dying to be a part of but will miss. I guess this is a part of growing up. I can't wait to come back and see how much they have developed.

hmmm, what else has been going on? I did a lot of extra work which was fun. Nice side money. Gossip girl was fun and so was the Good Wife. I did 3 days on the Good Wife so I'm curious to see if I'll be seen. The episode is called Cleaning House so I'll have to keep track. The Gossip Girl episode..no idea what it's called lol

I guess that's it, I've completely forgot everything else that's been going on. Oh, I have a pain in my left knee that is making me nervous. I can't pinpoint it because I didn't take kinesiology or anatomy lol. I think it's from over turnout or over plie-ing. I think it's a tendon and it only happens in certain classes. It's weird, I think I'm not pulling up the right way. I hope I won't have to feel it on the ship, that'll really suck!

No comments: