Saturday, September 11, 2010

Walking into the Unknown

It's official...I'm slow. Why doesn't my brain process the magnitude of things/situations until it's too late sometimes? It wasn't until I was hugging my mother, and suddenly crying, that I realized what was happening. You know that REALLY sad commercial where the kid is suddenly without his mom and he's just crying and looking around? Well, it's not that dramatic but that's sort of how I felt. I had a fear of the unknown. I couldn't predict what was going to happen or guess. I really have NO idea. I can talk to thousands of people that have done the ship before but it doesn't matter. This is my experience and I guess I just didn't realize until that moment.
Luckily, I met one of my castmates while waiting for my twice delayed, yet early arrival JET plane. NO, I didn't know it would be a jet plane..the kind you board from the outside. I was definitely nervous but thanks to Bonine and confidence, I made it haha. Actually we were only in the air for 56minutes, fun fact. Who knew Canada was so close?
Fast forward to the place I'm staying. It's beyond great, pictures to come. Downfall is using an internet cable in the living room instead of being nice and snuggly in my bed. Plus their is only 1 cable so me and my roommate will share. It's actually not a big deal haha, I'm just being silly. Anyways, what did I do when I got here? I tried to take a picture near customs b/c it said Welcome to Canada and the woman in uniform gave me the evil eye  plus a snooty attitude. I graciously deleted it in front of her and she acted as if she wanted to throw me back to the US. Guys, don't mess with those people haha. It reminded me of my times at the museum and telling people to stop taking pictures..only mine was far more worse considering she had the right to deny my entry...smart lol
After eating and grocery shopping in the nearby Toronto area, I am not 'home' and going to stretch out a bit, sleep, and wake up bright and early for tomorrow! I'm excited for what's to come. It really is SO weird to stop and think, and realize that I am here/going to be here, dancing for a living. I can't wait.

No comments: