Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 4, Smooth Sailing

I think it's safe to say that Monday's are a calm day for me. I have 3 academic classes...that's it. I plan on taking a skating lesson at night but we'll see how that goes.

Weekend- My weekend was fun. Hung out with a few friends, worked, and saw a performance by Handcart Dance Company. I decided I really want to try and strengthen my friendships and not try to be such a busy bee all the time. I think it's possible to do both and I don't want to replay last fall. Instead of having a steady balance of work and play, last fall I was constantly running around and separating myself from everyone because I had no free time. When I relive those moments, I realize how unfufilling they were.

So far everything has been going smoothly. I had a brief panic because I didn't think I would be able to complete my readings for my class but I found time. I want to be able to give 100% for every activity I'm engaging in. As of now I want to follow along in school and be on track with my assignments before the semester gets really hectic. It's a constant moral struggle for me to turn off my TV and read for my classes. I chose the classes so I should be willing to focus on them whole-heartedly. Once I get into my assignments, they are pretty interesting.

My courses this semester include-
Deconstructing the America Family
Digital Sound Design
Natural Disasters in the Environment
Special Topics- Martin Scorsese

All are equally interesting so I should have a good semester. Digital Sound Design is already taking a fast lead. I like hands on approaches to learning. My first assignment was to simply record speech for about 1 minute. After 30minutes of trying to figure out how to start up the program, a classmate and I began recording in the studio. It was a basic task but I know it's the foundation for something really cool. I'm excited to see what we will have to do next. I used to hate the sound of my voice but I'm already becoming comfortable with it. I know if I set my mind to it I can get a lot out of this class.

Tomorrow is a dance day and school night for me. I am taking yoga, working the Ailey Boutique, taking jazz, and then heading to school for Digital Sound Design. I want to start bringing my camera around with me and taking more pictures. This will help me to document my life more.

This entry kind of jumped around alot but I still haven't decided the tone of this blog. As of now I've been really formal but I'm hoping to spice it up a bit sooner rather than later.

Until tomorrow

No comments: