Monday, September 22, 2008

Part 2

Okay forget the Day by Day thing. That's not going to work. I also need to add on to my last entry because I kid you not, I legit fell asleep while trying to do it.

Rehearsal- Thanks to Miss Alenka, a teacher from EMIA, I have a performance opportunity this fall. She has a faculty concert at LIU and I in addition to about 10 other dancers will be performing with her. She is doing the piece she staged this summer. I really like it and I've come to realize how much I truly enjoy the rehearsal process. I like that I can learn choreography and have time to perfect it. It's not like open classes where you learn combination, do it, and that's it. It's more than that. You have time, for the most part, to test new choreography, make mistakes, and really develop new movement. I love it. I hope I can do something else after this. The performance is Oct.10th.

I still feel like I'm getting a hundred and one reading assignments every day. I feel like I don't have time to read! It's frustrating. It takes me a bit to get my mind in the right focus..I can't just open a book and read it.

booo tough times!

No comments: