Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 8-13, lol

Okay..
-Fashion show was beyond amazing. I can't thank my sister enough for inviting me. It was such a good show. I am so inspired by this world of fashion. It reminds me that I have so many interests in life. I feel like I could be happy in so many fields of work but I want to do more than just one thing. The show made me think about all the different factors that helped transform Ralph Lauren's ideas onto the runway. I thought about the pre-show and post-show process. It is fascinating to me how many people are involved and how important each of their jobs are. I'm still deciding on a spring semester internship, I'm thinking something in television or at a magazine and along the ideas of publicity. Hope I get it*

-School is going. This week was less stressful in terms of work load. If I remember correctly, every other week is going to be stressful. This was my off week so maybe next week is going to be ridiculous. I'll try my best not to fall behind too much. There is so much reading involved it's insane. My pet peeve of this semester is that lack of consideration teacher's have when it comes to our courseload. They seem to forget that we have 4+ other teacher's going about this the same way. It's very frustrating. I'm liking 2 of the 4 a lot. The 3rd class, Deconstructing the American Family is good..just hard to get through. The final one, Natural Distasters and the Environment feels like a disaster. I'm not sure I know what's going on and we are definitely going to have oral presentations..yuck!

-Ailey is going really well. I'm gainging a lot of body awareness thanks to Yoga. The Horton class is pretty good as well. I'm taknig tap once a week. Oh jeez, the tap class is a lot of fun but really intense. She has no mercy for beginners...she just wants you to go with it, which is good.

-I just started working the Alvin Ailey boutique in exchange for free classes. I do that at Broaway Dance Center but the pit that I will get 5 dollars for classes .

No comments: